ALERT - Misleading Mailing Asks for Donations
A recent mailing from an out-of-state organization, The New Hope Foundation, asks for donations to the “Hospice Support Fund” as part of its Durham Appeal Telethon. This fund and the foundation are not connected to Duke Hospice in any way and have never provided support to Duke Hospice.
- Duke HomeCare & Hospice does not ask for donations by phone. We do not hold telethons to raise funds.
- Any mailings or requests for donations from Duke HomeCare & Hospice will be clearly marked with a Duke logo, mailed locally, and will ask you to send your gift to Duke HomeCare & Hospice or to Duke Hospice.
- As patients and donors of Duke HomeCare & Hospice, your information is never provided or sold to other entities. Your privacy is very important to us.
Duke Hospice receives tremendous support from the local communities we serve in Alamance, Chatham, Durham, Franklin, Granville, Orange, Person Vance and Wake counties. Thanks to this local support, we have offered exceptional care to patients and their loved ones regardless of their ability to pay for over 35 years. Thank you for continuing your support to our organization.
By giving to Duke HomeCare & Hospice you are joining in our mission to provide innovative, thoughtful care, using an interdisciplinary team approach, to achieve the best possible outcomes for patients, families and the communities we serve. DHCH is a nonprofit organization that provides care to terminally ill patients in nine central North Carolina counties, regardless of their ability to pay. We pay for the care we provide to those who can not afford to pay through individual donations, corporate sponsorships and gifts, foundation grants and through fundraising events.
Giving Feels Good
Gifts to Duke HomeCare & Hospice are tax-deductible, charitable contributions that help provide funds to offset the tremendous costs of uncompensated charity care, seed money for new programs and create and sustain advocacy programs to help patients and their families heal emotionally. Duke HomeCare & Hospice is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and our Federal Tax ID number is 56-2070036.
Patients and families are stronger when they are together, and their presence helps individuals cope with end of life care issues. While we cannot make medicine taste better or make a person live longer, we can help lessen the burden and ensure that families have the stability and resources to enjoy their family members’ last days on earth. Last year, Duke Hospice supported over 1,100 patients and families because of the love and generous donations of our donors and volunteers.
Your donations make a difference and touch the lives of families on a daily basis. Whether you are donating supplies, care shawls, cash, stock or sponsoring an event it all adds up and makes an impact on the patients and families that use hospice services or stay in one of our two inpatient facilities (The Meadowlands in Hillsborough or the Hock Family Pavilion in Durham).
Your Donations at Work
- A donation of $105 will provide four counseling sessions for a family member who has suffered the loss of a loved one.
- Your gift of $150 would help to pay for one day of hospice care for an uninsured patient.
- It costs $450 to send a kid to Camp ReLEAF for the weekend to help youth to develop coping skills for dealing with the loss of a loved one.