The Duke Hospice Gala
Please join us for the 15th anniversary Duke Hospice Gala on April, 1, 2017. The theme is Venetian Carnival and we’ll be celebrating with food, entertainment, music, and dancing in the ballroom of the Sheraton Imperial RTP, Durham.
Saturday, April 1, 2017 6:30 to 11 pm Attire: Black Tie Optional
Memorial Brick Dedication
Duke Hospice offers a Brick Dedication each year in the fall. This service is held in the W.S. Carver Gardens, located behind the Unicorn Bereavement Center in Hillsborough. It provides a meaningful way for family and friends to honor or remember their loved one. Each brick is engraved with your message and placed in the walkway in the gardens. This is a lasting way to honor and remember loved ones. If you are interested in ordering a brick or to learn more about the program contact Dale Horton at 919.479.0318.
Lights of Remembrance
Duke Hospice offers a Lights of Remembrance ceremony that is also held in the W.S. Carver Gardens, located behind the Unicorn Bereavement Center in Hillsborough. Place your luminary order by calling 919.479.0318.
Organize your Own Fundraiser
Are you interested in organizing your own fundraiser to benefit the patients and families that receive services from Duke HomeCare & Hospice and the Unicorn Bereavement Center?
Duke HomeCare & Hospice welcomes the support from individuals, corporations or organizations that are willing to help spread the word about DHCH and raise funds to support the patients and families who need our services.
Some ideas might include:
- Organizing a bake sale, dining event, yard sale or car wash
- Making cards or jewelry to sell on behalf of Duke Hospice
- Ask for donations to be given to Duke Hospice in lieu of birthday or wedding gifts
- Organize a bowl-a-thon, walk-a-thon, golf tournament or fun run (use www.firstgiving.org to track your donations and set-up your own donation page)
Make sure you keep in mind these helpful tips:
- Set a realistic goal for yourself and make sure you publicize your goal to those participating
- Keep the event family friendly
- Pick out your venue and be sure to make a back-up plan if your venue is outdoors and subject to inclement weather
Contact Dale Horton, at email@example.com or 919.479.0318 for more information.